Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sloped Roof

A couple of weeks ago, there came a point when my senior design team decided that they no longer desired our school being a traditional box. They wanted sloped roofs, with windows beneath them for additional daylighting. This created a bit of reluctance on my part, as I knew that this would create yet another Revit struggle. However, I decided to seize the challenge as a learning opportunity in learning how to create irregular roof shapes. This became a challenge similar to topography, making the pieces fit the way you'd like them to is not an easy feat. Therefore, I decided to "cut holes" in my roof plan, and create a family which would serve as the sloped portion. I then created walls on either side that bridged the gap between the roof plan and the roof slope family. This process took a couple of hours, however it added immense aesthetic to the overall shape of the building.


Sloped Roofs

No comments:

Post a Comment