Friday, March 1, 2013

Interior Finishes

Third Floor with Finished Interiors
An excellent aspect of design in Revit is that you can essentially make any form, and place it into the model through the use of a family extrusion component. You essentially "carve out" sections of an extrusion through the use of void forms. It was through this technique that I created the chair and desk components for the classrooms. I actually performed this activity for our first assignment in Intelligent Buildings. I found the typical dimensions for an elementary student's desk and chair (as they aren't typical chair sizes, or I would have used a family from the imperial library). I then implemented these dimensions into a box shape, then carved out the dimensions. This was the only family that I needed to create for the school, all of the other elements such as teacher's desks, office chairs, plumbing fixtures, etc. were already a part of the Imperial Revit Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment